This page lists the changes that occured throughout the public tests of Animancer v5.0.
Release Candidate 1
Changes since Beta 2 (see the v5.0 Change Log for the full list of changes since v4.4):
- Renamed the
SerializedEventsand replaced the original with a property that returns the
AnimancerEvent.Sequencedirectly instead of the
- This means that instead of accessing it as
transition.Events.Sequence.OnEnd...you now only need
- This means that instead of accessing it as
- Renamed the
AnimancerComponent.Play(object key)methods to
TryPlayand changed them to throw exceptions if the key isn't found instead of returning
null. Unlike the other
Playmethods, those ones can only use existing states but not create new ones so this change ensures that they can't be accidentally used when intending to use one of the other overloads and also prevents them from silently doing nothing if the key isn't found.
animancer.States[...]) now throw an exception if no state is registered with the specified key.
TransitionPreviewWindowno longer resets the preview time after an assembly reload.
- Improved the Inspector warning when the
Animator.runtimeAnimatorControllerfield is assigned to explain how generic rigs need a second layer.
- Improved the 3D Game Kit example to use a
CustomFadefor the random idle animations and a Mixer for Locomotion instead of the old Blend Tree.
- Removed the context menu functions from
AnimancerComponentsince they are no longer necessary with the changes to the runtime Inspector.
- Fixed the
NamedAnimancerComponentInspector to not hide the
Animationsfields until Play Mode has been properly entered.
- Fixed the
TransitionInspector to allow events to be modified in Play Mode after they have been first used.
TimeRulerto not show looping time indicators for super short animations if they would be so close together that they overlap.
TimeRulerkeyboard controls for events.
TimeRulerto properly show looped time indicators when the current time is out of bounds.
- Improved the formatting of the animation binding mismatch messages.
- Removed the Animation Curve Preset Libraries and put them as a package in the documentation instead.
- Fixed some minor issues in various examples.
- Cleaned up the Animation Jobs examples.
Changes since Beta 1 (see the v5.0 Change Log for the full list of changes since v4.4):
- Added optional event names to
AnimancerEvent.Sequence.Serializableso they can be used to identify events when defining event times in the Inspector and assigning their callbacks in code. #56
MixerParameterTweenfor easily interpolating mixer parameters over time.
- Replaced the "Possible animation type mismatch..." warning in the Inspector with a compact icon:
- The icon differentiates between warnings (some animated properties aren't present in the Rig) and errors (none of the animated properties are present in the Rig).
- You can click the icon to get a full explanation of the incompatibilities between the animations and the Rig.
- If this feature is affecting your performance, you can disable it via the Display Options in the layer context menu.
- The Inspector warnings about layers being at 0 weight are no longer shown if the object is inactive since the default
DisableAction.Stopresets everything to 0 weight.
KeyedList.AddNewto throw an exception if the
itemis already in another list (since
KeyedLists only allow each
itemto be in one list at a time).
- The Display Options conext menu functions are now shown on states as well as layers.
Repaint Constantlyoption which can be disabled to reduce the automatic repainting rate to an interval specified in the
AnimancerSettings(default 0.25 seconds) in case the constant repainting is affecting performance.
AnimancerNode.ConnectToGraphnow applies the weight instantly instead of registering the node to be updated.
OrbitControlsnow uses an enum to specify the mouse button instead of an int slider.
DummyObjectEditorback in for Unity 2018.4.
- Fixed drag and drop into the
NamedAnimancerComponent.Animationsfield to work properly.
- Fixed some minor pixel alignment issues in
NullReferenceExceptionwhen first creating
TimeRulerto display looped time indicators at the correct intervals.
- Cleaned up the Animation Jobs examples and added a SpiderBot to the Two Bone IK example.
- Fixed the SpiderBot-Idle animation to have two keyframes because only having one causes errors when accessing its property bindings.
- Moved the Editor-Only Animancer.Lite.dll into the Core folder since Unity gives build errors relating to serialization if it is in the Editor folder.
Changes since Alpha 1 (see the v5.0 Change Log for the full list of changes since v4.4):
- Added DefaultHumanoid model (Unity's DefaultAvatar with a different texture) to replace the LowPolyMan.
- Fixed the finger pose of all Humanoid animations (the LowPolyMan didn't have individual fingers).
- Improved the SpiderBot model:
- Cleaned up the naming conventions for bones, meshes, etc.
- Added foot bones so it can be used with Two Bone IK (one of the Animation Jobs examples).
- You can now pan the camera using Left Click while Right Click still rotates it as before.
- Added settings to customise the movement and rotation sensitivity.
- Added a field for selecting a model with a dropdown that remembers previously used assets.
- It automatically picks a recently used model based on the best match of properties animated by the transition and properties that exist in each model.
- Added default human model (uses Animancer's DefaultHumanoid if it exists, otherwise it uses Unity's DefaultAvatar which is just the same model with a different texture).
- Fixed the grid to properly draw behind
- Fixed the internal details display to use the correct margins in both the Inspector and
AnimancerState.RecreatePlayableis now overridden by
MixerStateto retain their parameter values.
- Fixed the preview time indicator in the
TimeRulerto work properly on transitions with a variable
- Moved various functionality from
ManualMixerStateinto the base
MixerStateso it can be used by custom mixers that don't want to inherit from
InsertOutputPlayable(Playable)so that it could potentially be used for custom mixers as well.
AnimancerComponentInspector now always shows the
AnimancerPlayable.IsGraphPlayingfield (instead of only when it is paused) and also shows its
ControllerState.Playableback to a regular property instead of
ref readonlyand removed
- Moved the editor version of Animancer.Lite.dll into the Internal/Editor folder since having it visible in the root Animancer folder serves no purpose.
StringBuilders and replaced all standard usage with them.
AnimancerState.ToStringinstead of having each child class implement its own.
AppendDescriptionso it can be used to display updatables, dirty nodes, and disposables in a single label.
AnimationType.Spritenow includes any object with only
SpriteRenderers in its children without any other
ulongto avoid the need for a cast.
ScriptableObjectEditornow displays its message about changes being undone when exiting Play Mode as a warning rather than info and only in Play Mode.
ObjectPool.GetCachedResultfor easily creating
GUIStyles and other things that need caching.
- Moved Pro-Only warnings into the
WarningTypeenum and changed them to log individual features once each.
WarningType.AnimatorSpeedto explain that
AnimancerPlayable.Speedshould be used instead of
- Fixed serialized fields in
AnimancerSettingsto not have their names obfuscated in Animancer Lite.
Interpolation.Back...methods to be consistent with each other.
WarningType.CreateGraphWhileDisabledto not be triggered in Edit Mode and to work in Development Builds.
- Fixed the
AnimancerComponentInspector updatables list to not cause the horizontal scrollbar to appear.
ControllerTransition.NormalizedStartTimeto not interfere with resetting to the default states.
MouseDragto maintain a fixed distance to the target.
First public test release (see the v5.0 Change Log for the full list of changes since v4.4).