Animancer can play any animation that can be played by a regular Animator Controller in Unity. Animations for 3D models and 2D
Sprites are all handled the same way in code.
There are various websites where you can download character models and animations:
Animation Editors in Unity
- Very Animation
- Cinema Mocap
- Note that these are Affiliate Links, meaning that if you follow them and purchase something then Kybernetik may receive a small commision from Unity (which does not cost you anything extra).
Dedicated Modelling and Animation Software
Several of the official Unity tutorials explain how to actually create
Sprite animations which will then be usable in Animancer:
- Introduction to Sprite Animations
- Introduction to Sprite Editor and Sheets
- Animating a Sprite with the 2D Animation Package
- Animating a Sprite with Anima2D
The Animancer Tools window has various functions that are useful for working with
Sprites and generating animations from them.