Inspector Gadgets v6.4
- Released 2020-09-29
- Changed the default
Alwayssince it is usually used by Inspectables which show non-serialized data and likely aren't very useful in Edit Mode.
SkinnedMeshRendererInspector now uses sliders for Blend Shape weights anyway.
- Fixed the
TransformInspector fields to display correctly when using a different font.
Inspector Gadgets v6.3
- Released 2020-09-15
- Fixed build error caused by
- Fixed Drag & Drop Sub-Assets to not allow certain asset types that won't work (since Unity is dumb and would just corrupt the asset instead of telling you) and to ask if it isn't sure about a particular type.
GetDefaultFileExtensionto not throw an exception.
Inspector Gadgets v6.2
- Released 2020-09-10
- The Minimum Unity Version is now 2018.4 and it requires the .NET 4.x scripting runtime (the default for all new projects).
- Fields in the
TransformInspector now use a smaller font size while displaying scientific notation (this can be disabled via the Edit/Preferences -> Inspector Gadgets -> Shrink Scientific Fields).
- Added Drag & Drop Sub-Assets system.
- Improved Object Reference Fields:
- If you drag and drop a
GameObjectwith multiple valid components into a
Componentfield, it will now display a context menu so you can select which one to assign.
- You can now drag and drop out of
Objectfields (Unity only lets you drop references in by default).
- Replaced the H/S/A buttons with a single Get button that uses
IGUtils.ProgressiveSearchto find a reference. The individual methods can still be accessed via the context menu.
- The context menu now displays the file path of the referenced asset or relative path to the referenced
- Added a Pick Component from List context menu function.
RuntimeAnimatorControllerfrom nested object drawers.
- If you drag and drop a
Transform/Remove All Componentscontext menu function.
Randomize 0-CurrentValuecontext menu function for
- Added public API for adding objects and properties to the
- Changed the default keyboard shortcuts for
Reset Selected Transformsand
Snap to Gridto use
IGUtils.ProgressiveSearchto include inactive objects.
Preferencesto use the new
SettingsProviderclass introduced in Unity 2018.3.
ScriptableObjectEditorto display its message about changes being undone when exiting Play Mode as a warning rather than info and only in Play Mode.
SerializedPropertyAccessorand related utilities into the
Serializationnamespace and improved their reliability.
AutoHideUIto un-hide the UI layer if Inspector Gadgets is deleted.
- Fixed some minor issues with the
TransformInspector layout in Unity 2019.3+.
- Fixed the World Scale display to not flicker between 1 and 0.9999999 while rotating an object.
- Fixed rotation snap button to properly update the displayed euler angles.
TransformPropertyDrawermini buttons to apply to their corresponding property instead of the previously drawn one.
TransformPropertyDrawerto use the correct menu function path for the Snap Settings in Unity 2019.3+.
WatcherWindowto use the
ViewToolOrbiticon in Unity 2019.3+ (since
UnityEditor.LookDevViewno longer exists).
ObjectDrawerto always reset the font style after using italics for self-references.
Inspector Gadgets v6.1
- Released 2019-07-08
TransformInspector mini buttons to be linked to the correct properties.
[H]button to be drawn in the correct location.
Inspector Gadgets v6.0
- Released 2019-07-02.
- Inspector Gadgets Pro is now delivered as regular scripts instead of a pre-compiled DLL to make it easier to view and modify the source code. Also reorganized the namespaces.
Warning: when upgrading from an earlier version you must delete the old version before importing the new one. This will also cause any Inspector Gadgets components (such as
CommentComponent) in your project to go missing so you will need to set them all up again. This is an unfortunate side effect of the way Unity handles references to scripts inside a DLL compared to regular script files.
- Added Persist After Play Mode context menu function to all serialized properties.
[OnOpenAsset]functions which are triggered when you hold certain modifier keys and Double Click on an asset in the Project window:
Alt + Double Clickon a prefab to
Instantiateit in the scene.
- If you hold
Ctrlas well it will also focus the camera on the instance.
Ctrl + Shift + Alt + Double Clickany asset to open its folder in your OS file explorer.
- Added context menu handler for
AnimationCurveproperties with several functions:
Enforce Horizontal Symmetry,
AutoHideUI.ToggleEnabledcontext menu function for
- Added preferences to modify the
TransformInspector field colors.
Assets/Create/Shortcutfunction to create an asset which creates a quick link to another folder in the project similar to a Windows Shortcut. Simply assign a
Targetin the Inspector then you can double click the asset to go to the
BlendShapeViewer- Whenever you select a
SkinnedMeshRendererwhich has any Blend Shapes it will automatically add a
BlendShapeViewercomponent to display them as user-friendly sliders. That
Componentwill be automatically removed when you deselect the object and will not be saved in the scene.
IGUtils.DoInspectableGUIso custom Inspectors that don't inherit from
InspectorGadgets.Editor<T>can still use inspectable attributes (for OdinInspector compatability).
IGUtils.CollapseAllComponentscontext menu function on
Transformsto collapse or expand all components at once.
MethodCachefor easily retrieving methods with a specific signature from any provided object.
- Added an
OverridePropertyGUIevent for altering the GUI of specific properties.
OnPropertyContextMenuevent for adding extra functions to the context menu of a property.
- Added a context menu function to
ScriptyHunterWindowto destroy all missing scripts.
- Improved the layout of
WatcherWindowand added the ability to watch entire objects as well as individual fields.
IGEditorUtils.FindAssetOfTypecan now find
Components on the root of a prefab instead of never finding anything for them.
- Added an optional background to the Scene view distance moved labels so they are easier to read.
- Scene view distance moved labels now show the distance on each individual axis as well (with an option to disable).
stringparameter constructor to the
[Color]attribute so you can either use standard colours from the
UnityEngine.Colorclass such as
"red"or colors from your own static fields and properties in the form
- Added a message to
ScriptableObjectEditorexplaining that changes in play mode will persist.
- Added the
IGUtils.GetSerializedPropertyContextto support copy and paste on serialized properties with
Ctrl + Cand
Ctrl + V.
SerializedObjectReferencefor serializing references to
Objects alongside their Instance ID in case the direct reference is lost when entering or exiting Play Mode.
SerializedObjectReferences, which fixes the
PropertyWatcherWindowso it doesn't lose its references when changing modes.
IGEditorUtils.ForEachTargetwill now always record an
TransformInspector paste button tooltip will now be updated in response to changes in the system copy buffer.
ScriptyHunterWindowcan now find and destroy non-prefab assets.
Validator Attributesto use
doubles instead of
- Dropped support for Unity 5.6.
New Locked Inspectorkeyboard shortcut to
Ctrl + Alt + I.
- Changed the
Auto Hide UIshow condition to check for any non-world-space
Canvason the object or a parent instead of looking for
UIBehaviours in parents and children.
Show Position Labelssetting is now disabled by default. Feedback indicates that they aren't particularly useful, but the option is still there.
falseorder on the label array in the
Toolbarattribute constructor to be consistent with boolean logic. Label
- Changing any
AutoPrefwill now repaint all GUI views.
- The Nested Object Drawer now excludes
AudioClips since it doesn't work for them.
- Moved most string constants into
- Removed the
SetHideFlagsscript because you can just set the
EditorOnlytag to achieve the same thing.
MonoBehaviour/Find Referencesmenu items because they weren't really that useful.
- Removed editor event attributes
[OnEditorQuit]as Unity already has events for them:
Persist After Play Modecommands now work properly when multiple objects are selected.
- Fixed errors in Unity 2018.3+ caused by the obfuscation in the Lite DLLs. They were harmless and didn't actually stop anything from working, they were simply annoying.
- Fixed undoing a script type change to not cause GUI errors.
TransformEditorlayout when drawn outside the Inspector (such as in the
WatcherWindowand nested object drawers).
[Inspectable]attribute to catch exceptions while drawing.
TransformEditor.HandleOffsetto get a field instead of a property (as changed in Unity 2017.1).
- Fixed incorrect constructor parameters in
ScriptyHunterEditorcan now destroy sub assets properly.