Many users find it annoying having a Screen Space UI
Canvas take up a massive amount of space in the scene. To work around this, the first time you select a UI object after importing Inspector Gadgets, it will ask if you want to automatically show and hide the UI layer.
- On UI selected: show UI layer, enter 2D orthographic mode, and focus the camera on the selected object.
- On UI deselected: hide UI layer and return camera to the previous state.
- The UI layer will be automatically shown when you close the Unity Editor just in case the next project you open doesn’t have Inspector Gadgets.
- Inspector Gadgets Pro provides several options to control the conditions which trigger this feature and the way it works in the
- Credit to Astral Byte Ltd for the original idea.